Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Soaking up the Rogers Cup


So there I am the other day, minding my own business, flipping through the channels, when I come across a rain delay in the Rogers Cup tennis tourney in Toronto.

Normally, a rain delay in tennis is about as exciting as watching fingernails grow, but something caught my eye. No it wasn't legendary TSN broadcaster Vic Rauter singing "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head."

Actually, Vic Rauter deserves his own BrockTalk article...who else has the mad skills to cover curling, soccer, ice fishing and sheep shearing? I'll get that one written...one day. But until then...



Back to tennis, the maintenance crew was working hard to dry up the courts so they could get the matches back underway.

Gripping, I know.

Now normally, they'd be using squeegees and towels to prep the courts, but on this particular day, they were all using a very unique yellow fabric. I was intrigued...so I watched on.

Yes, I was THAT bored.

As the camera zoomed in, it was revealed that the object of choice used to dry the courts were...ShamWows!

Hilarious! Who knew people actually bought these things? Let alone a national tennis championship was using dozens of them to dry the courts??

Maybe it's time for Vince to add "...this is for the house, the car, THE TENNIS COURT..." to his sales pitch?




BrockTalk

No comments:

Post a Comment