Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Story of Pat Dapuzzo


I've been meaning to get this story out to the masses for a while but I've just been a little busy moving to do so.

But now that I'm settled, I'll pass it on.

It's the story of NHL linesman Pat Dapuzzo. It's a story of suffering, not only a horrendous career ending injury, but also with the struggles with physical and mental pain, multiple surgeries, and of course the long, long road to recovery.

When I first saw the incident back in February, I was sickened by what I saw.

I had patrolled the lines in junior hockey for many years and had had a couple of close calls with sticks and pucks, but never with any skate blades. I couldn't begin to comprehend what was going through Dapuzzo's mind when the accident took place.

Rather than me tell you the story, I'll let Dapuzzo tell the story to you in his own words.

CLICK HERE for Dapuzzo's story as told to Fanhouse.com and re-printed in the October 30, 2009 edition of the Toronto Star (thanks to my brother Todd for passing it on to me.)

The video of the incident is below. As you can tell by the urgency in his voice and delivery, the rinkside reporter Steve Coates, knows that the injury Dapuzzo suffered was more than just a bad cut.

All the best to Pat Dapuzzo and his ongoing recovery.

CAUTION - this video does contain some graphic images



BrockTalk

No comments:

Post a Comment